Thursday, October 4, 2007

Andrew Loomis



Some of you already know who this guy is. Many artists, like Neal Adams and Alex Ross, recommend his instructional books. Unfortunately, they are all out of print and a tattered copy of Figure Drawing for All It's Worth can go around $60-$100 on eBay. Fortunately, somebody scanned all the pages and made it available for free for all us cheapskates.

Click here for Loomis Books

Some of you who took Sal Amendola's class will notice some familiar stuff.

If you'd like to know more about the artist, here is an article with some links to more information.

lines and colors: Andrew Loomis article

I'm lucky enough to own my very own copy of Creative Illustration and it is very edumacational, especially the stuff about composition. Where did I get my copy? ebay? Bud Plant? Believe it or not I bought it off the street from a homeless lady for $20. She said she found it in the trash. Score!!!

No comments: